[Users] Question about libvirt and prlctl

CoolCold coolthecold at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 13:20:46 MSK 2019

Hello!
My logic and intuition says - it would be nice if that libvirt can handle
10% of modern openvz functions. I highly doubt it has support for anything
not in generalized list of VMs/VEs services - i.e. start/stop and may be
take snapshot.

On Mon, Dec 23, 2019 at 11:09 PM Paulo Coghi - Coghi IT <
paulocoghi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello OpenVZ community,
>

> *Short question*
> Is libvirt as complete as prlctl regarding OpenVZ/Virtuozzo containers
> management? Can we change resources independently and without reboot using
> libvirt instead of prlctl? Can we manage every aspect of a container on
> libvirt as we can on prlctl?
> -
>
> *Full question*
> I am developing a new open source OpenVZ control panel, as previously
> discussed here on the list, based on NodeJS to the back-end API and a
> modern front-end framework to the UI.
>
> The only challenge for me is the communication between NodeJS and OpenVZ
> and,
> after asking for suggestions about this on the openvz-dev list, the most
> prominent suggestion I received was to use the Virtuozzo SDK and node-gyp.
>
> The first problem that I faced on this approach was that Google is moving
> to gn, which means that the gyp's days of support are counted.
>
> Researching for an alternative for node-gyp, I found cmake-js, that works
> exactly like node-gyp, but instead of gyp, it is based on CMake build
> system.
>
> But it can't use C sources, but only compiled C libraries, and this
> approach started to get a little complex for me to follow alone.
>
> For this reason, I am currently considering to use libvirt and I would
> like to know if it has feature-parity with prlctl, when managing
> OpenVZ/Virtuozzo containers.
>

> Thanks again!

Best regards,
[COOLCOLD-RIPN]