[Users] FUSE doesn't work on Host

Konstantin Khorenko khorenko at virtuozzo.com
Mon Dec 16 13:14:29 MSK 2019

On 12/10/2019 01:28 PM, Alexey Zilber wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>   I've opened a ticket last month that's a pretty serious kernel bug in OpenVZ 7: https://bugs.openvz.org/plugins/servlet/mobile#issue/OVZ-7145
>   Basically, variable length ioctls were introduced that aren't supported in the upstream 3.10 Kernel.  This causes all FUSE modules to crash.  Every, single, one.
>   Can't the breaking change be rolled back?  I'd really like to use Fuse on the Host.

Hi Alexey,

the issue has been fixed.

And JFYI: the FIEMAP ioctl has been added to the vzkernel more than 2 years ago,
nobody complained till now: FUSE filesystems worked fine until someone calls FIEMAP on it.

So now we just have hidden FIEMAP from generic FUSE filesystems, leaving the ioctl for our storage filesystem only.

--
Best regards,

Konstantin Khorenko,
Virtuozzo Linux Kernel Team