[Users] IDE disk unsupported configuration: Only scsi disk supports vendor and product

Jehan PROCACCIA procacci at imtbs-tsp.eu
Tue Aug 27 15:58:08 MSK 2019

Hello

answering myself that pb, I create a dedicated subject/thread for it, in
continuation of my other thread about IDE / hda disk :

https://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/users/2019-August/007705.html

Indeed , I have a openvz7 VM running with a IDE/hda disk  .

migrating it to another host with
qemu-kvm-vz-2.12.0-18.6.3.vz7.21.6.x86_64 failed to start it at
destination with message :

/# prlctl start eonimte//
//Starting the VM...//
//Failed to start the VM: Operation failed. Failed to execute the
operation. (Details: unsupported configuration: Only scsi disk supports
vendor and product)//
/

with virsh edit vmname , I removed le product element from the disk
definition

 <disk type='file' device='disk'>

      *  <product>Vz HARDDISK0</product>*

and now it works fine .