[Users] Ubuntu 18.04 default SSH config

Paulo Coghi - Coghi IT paulocoghi at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 18:11:25 MSK 2018

Hello everyone,

My name is Paulo Coghi and I am really happy to join the OpenVZ list. I am
using OpenVZ since 2013 and happily subscribed to Virtuozzo (licensed
version) this year. The dream of our company always was use Virtuozzo
Storage, and this year this dream comes true.

About Ubuntu 18.04 default ssh configuration:
I installed Ubuntu 18.04 template through "yum install
ubuntu-18.04-x86_64-ez.noarch" and everything is running fine, with
exception to the SSH server.

To be able to login into my container using ssh, first I have to change the
default ssh configuration in "/etc/ssh/sshd_config", changing the directive
"PermitRootLogin" to "yes", instead of the default "prohibit-password".

An alternative solution is to create the container with the public ssh key
of container's owner, but I can't find this option in Virtuozzo Automator.
Is there an option in Virtuozzo CLI to create a container with a
pre-installed public ssh key?

Naturally changing the specific line on the original template solves the
problem, but it really seems more secure to stay with this "default" and to
use ssh authentication through keys.

Thanks!

Paulo Coghi