[Users] openvz 7 CT and VM live backups with snapshots

Jehan Procaccia jehan.procaccia at tem-tsp.eu
Mon Apr 30 15:46:44 MSK 2018

hello,

I am confused about live backups in openvz 7

1) is it available without subscription/licence ? from
https://openvz.org/Comparison Integrated Backup is mark as No

2) does prlctl backup is the way to go ? I tried it without success :

prlctl backup idm
Backing up the CT idm
Failed to backup the CT: Operation failed. Backup client is not installed

3)**if 1) and/or 2) negative,then should I use vzctl snapshot as in
https://openvz.org/Ploop/Backup and/ or

‘vzctl snapshot $CTID –skip_dump’ cf https://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/users/2017-March/007249.html**

is it compatible to use vzctl in conjonction with prlctl ?

does this mean that --skip_dump is the equivalent of --skip-suspend
+ --skip-config ? it allows for a snapshot to be taken while the CT
keeps running
(not suspended) ?

Thanks .

**