[Users] unable to connect to virtuozzo

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Mon Sep 25 00:52:54 MSK 2017

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> If I am not using Virtuozzo as a hypervisor, is openvz 7 going to
> even be possible for use?
>
> #prlctl list
> Login failed: Unable to connect to Virtuozzo. You may experience a
> connection problem or the server may be down. Contact your Virtuozzo
> administrator for assistance.
>
> We happen to use SolusVM as our hypervisor for openvz currently. I
> started looking at openvz 7 as the next major upgrade for our nodes,
> but when using most the commands listed in the docs for openvz 7 I
> get the above failed command. If prlctl and the such are the next
> version of controls for openvz 7 and going forward, does this mean
> that without using vituozzo as your hypervisor your going to be out
> of luck?

I'm not sure what you are referring to with "using vituozzo as your hypervisor".  Everything is in the kernel they ship.

Are you running the commands as a user or as root?  You need to be root.

OpenVZ 7 works out of the box so I'm not sure what you did wrong.  Can you provide more details?

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street