[Users] How OVZ community treats Vz7

Jehan Procaccia jehan.procaccia at tem-tsp.eu
Wed May 31 10:01:34 PDT 2017

Le 31/05/2017 à 11:20, Pavel Emelyanov a écrit :
> On 05/30/2017 06:18 PM, Jehan Procaccia wrote:
>> Le 30/05/2017 à 10:46, Vasily Averin a écrit :
>>> Dear OpenVZ users,
>>>
>>> could you please share your feedback on Vz7?
>>>
>>> How do you perceive Virtuozzo VMs vs others (Oracle or KVM VMs) ?
>> I appreciate the use of prlctl to list and manage  my VM and CT in one
>> single tool
> BTW, how do you make a choice which on (CT or VM) to use when you create
> one? Is there any automation you use?
I choose between VM or CT manually ,
when I need a service that is using deep kernel base services (VPN,
firewall, HA-LVS, probe network ...) I choose a VM
when it's for basic services a CT

>> as a OpenVz7 admin, I am missing live backup/snapshot of my KVMs , I
>> know it is available commercialy through virtuozzo7 though ...
>> aside virtuozzo OS I also use KVM on traditional centos 7 distrib, but I
>> really appreciate the mixe of KVM and CT on a single host provided by OVz7
>> the 3 mounths wait for kernel updates can also be an issue, but again I
>> understand it is a way to drive us to the commercial version .
>>> How do you perceive Virtuozzo Containers vs others (Oracle containers, Docker containers, etc) ?
>> I don't use/know Oracle containers, neither LXC , regarding Dockers for
>> me it is a different concept, not a full VM  but an application
>> container dedicated to a specific and temporal job
> Would you like to see support for such kind of ... entities on the OpenVZ host?
> Or inside CT/VM? Or at all somewhere in your server room :)
by "kind of entities", you mean "application container dedicated to a
specific and temporal job" kind of Dockers ?
I don't need tham right now , but if it comes a day ... more probably as
an entity on the OpenVZ host .