[Users] Will ReadyKernel be available for OpenVZ 7 in the future?

Philipp Born philipp at tamcore.eu
Fri Jul 7 20:35:27 MSK 2017

Hello,

as ReadyKernel can now be bought as a standalone version, I'm wondering
if we'll be able to use RK under OVZ7 in the future?

From my understanding, OpenVZ 7 and Virtuozzo Linux 7 are basically the
same. According to the RK Data Sheet[1] Virtuozzo Linux 7 is supported.
According to the Virtuozzo Support, this is simply a marketing decision
to distinguish VZ7 from OVZ7.

From my point of view, I'm willing to pay 6€ per node for ReadyKernel.
But I'm not willing to pay 143€ for a Virtuozzo license, if I'm only
interested in RK.

If RK will not support OVZ7 in the future, the readykernel package and
binaries shouldn't be present on fresh OVZ7 installations.

[1]
https://virtuozzo.com/wp-content/uploads/readykernel/Virtuozzo_ReadyKernel_DS_EN_Ltr_20170413.pdf

Regards
Philipp

--
Philipp Born

gpg --keyserver keys.gnupg.net --recv-keys  0x4D80BF88
fingerprint: 49A6 9811 AC2E B49E 599B  0658 9AE6 94D8 4D80 BF88