[Users] VzLinux and OpenVZ

Denis Silakov dsilakov at virtuozzo.com
Tue Feb 7 05:09:08 PST 2017

That's right, if you install OpenVZ 7 from iso then you already have
VzLinux under it. Though you don't have any paid services (in
particular, readykernel patches), they still should be bought separately.

If you install "pure" VzLinux then you can use a script called
"do-upgrade-vzlin-vz7" (part of vzlinux-release package) to transform
VzLinux to Virtuozzo (and it's not hard to adjust it to use OpenVZ repos
instead of Vz ones). Though this script is not yet elaborated, use it at
your own risk.

On 02/06/2017 09:16 PM, jjs - mainphrame wrote:
> Well, openvz 7 is basically the core of virtuozzo linux, which amounts
> to openvz plus some very nice extra features, and enterprise support.
> I'm sure the virtuozzo folks can provide more info.
>
> Jake
>
> On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 6:52 AM, Corrado Fiore <lists at corradofiore.it
> <mailto:lists at corradofiore.it>> wrote:
>
>     Dear All,
>
>     I have noticed that VzLinux is shipping:
>     https://virtuozzo.com/products/virtuozzo-linux/
>     <https://virtuozzo.com/products/virtuozzo-linux/>
>
>     Will we be able to run OpenVZ 7 on top of it?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Corrado Fiore

Regards,

Denis Silakov | Sr. Software Architect, Virtuozzo Linux Team Lead
Otradnaya street 2B/9, “Otradnoye” Business Center | Moscow | Russia
Phone: +7 916-222-9437 | dsilakov at virtuozzo.com
Skype: denis.silakov

Virtuozzo.com