[Users] Bcache missing from OpenVZ 7

Denis Silakov dsilakov at virtuozzo.com
Tue Feb 7 01:50:29 PST 2017

That's right, factory is actually the development repo. Hopefully
vzkernel with bcache will be available in stable repos soon.

On 02/06/2017 07:14 PM, Devon wrote:
> I was using 3.10.0-327.36.1.vz7.18.8 which is the latest one in the
> updates repo here:
> https://download.openvz.org/virtuozzo/updates/7.0/x86_64/os/Packages/v/
>
> I'm guessing the factory repo contains the bleeding edge packages?  I
> couldn't find much info on that repo.
>
> In any case, the factory's kernel 3.10.0-514.6.1.vz7.28.4 did include
> bcache.  For other users, it was:
>
> yum update vzkernel vzkernel-headers --enablerepo=factory
>
> However, if factory are instable packages, other users may wish to
> hold off.
>
> Regards,
> Devon
>

> On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 3:44 AM, Denis Silakov <dsilakov at virtuozzo.com>
> wrote:
>> Which vzkernel version do you use?
>>
>> bcache module is available in vzkernel since
>> 3.10.0-327.36.1.vz7.19.11. If you package is older then you can try
>> vzkernel from the factory repo.
>>
>> On 02/05/2017 02:24 AM, Devon wrote:
>>> I've been testing some setups with OpenVZ 7 but I noticed a strange
>>> thing when testing caching solutions.  The bcache module doesn't
>>> appear to be included in vzkernel.  Is there a specific reason for
>>> this?  As 7 is running on 3.10, it should include bcache support and
>>> EL7 has bcache included.  I was able to install bcache-tools from
>>> the vz repo.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Devon

>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> Denis Silakov | Sr. Software Architect, Virtuozzo Linux Team Lid
>> Otradnaya street 2B/9, “Otradnoye” Business Center | Moscow | Russia
>> Phone: +7 916-222-9437 |dsilakov at virtuozzo.com
>> Skype: denis.silakov
>>
>> Virtuozzo.com

Regards,

Denis Silakov | Sr. Software Architect, Virtuozzo Linux Team Lead
Otradnaya street 2B/9, “Otradnoye” Business Center | Moscow | Russia
Phone: +7 916-222-9437 | dsilakov at virtuozzo.com
Skype: denis.silakov

Virtuozzo.com