[Users] New qemu and virtuozzolinux-factory repo

Denis Silakov dsilakov at virtuozzo.com
Thu Aug 31 07:30:55 MSK 2017

Hi all,

as some of you already noticed (https://bugs.openvz.org/browse/OVZ-6924), we recently pushed new qemu packages (2.9.0) to the factory repo. These packages have several dependencies that are not in the official VzLinux repositories yet (they come from RH 7.4 and we are going to release VzLinux 7.4 only with the next Virtuozzo Update, since we have to check/adopt Virtuozzo itself for this new release).

However, now we have 'virtuozzolinux-factory' repository which contains all necessary packages.

In order to update to the newest factory, please do the following:

1. Update vzlinux-release

# yum update vzlinux-release

2. Enable virtuozzolinux-factory repo - edit /etc/yum.repos.d/vzlinux.repo or launch

# yum-config-manager --enable virtuozzolinux-factory

3. Actually launch "yum update"

# yum update

Errors with spice-server & co. mentioned in OVZ-6924 should go away.

--

Regards,

Denis.