[Users] OpenVZ 7 -- ploop compact not implemented?

Artyom Tolstobrov artyom.tolstobrov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 09:58:32 MSK 2017

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work at least with ploop.x86_64
0:7.0.99-1.vz7.

#ploop-balloon discard --automount
/vz/private/104/root.hdd/DiskDescriptor.xml
Opening delta /vz/private/104/root.hdd/root.hds
Reopen rw /vz/private/104/root.hdd/root.hds
Trimming tail
Error in ploop_check (check.c:564): ftruncate: Text file busy
Error in check_deltas (check.c:649): /vz/private/104/root.hdd/root.hds :
irrecoverable errors (rw)

After this, the container is not mountable under OpenVZ 7 any more (though
OpenVZ 6 can successfully repair and mount it):

# vzctl start 104
Starting Container ...
Mount image: /vz/private/104/root.hdd
Failed to mount image: Error in check_deltas (check.c:649):
/vz/private/104/root.hdd/root.hds : irrecoverable errors (rw) [19]

(Reproduced this on several containers with same result).

Should I file a bug or is it some sort or error on my part?

(Hi Kirill! Enormously glad to see you here.)

--
Best Regards,
Artyom