[Users] openvz doesn't initialize net interface quickly upon boot

Daniel Bethe dtm at smuckola.org
Fri Aug 11 11:20:34 MSK 2017

Hi guys. I have an openvz VPS at a data center facility. My VPS contains stock CentOS 7 and the problem is that Apache doesn't launch on boot. I don't know anything about the physical host server and I have never used openvz. I don't know how it's configured or what version it is.
https://paste.fedoraproject.org/paste/P8dqs3aGMyrRFbVCi7KgYw
Linux v 2.6.32-042stab120.11 #1 SMP Wed Nov 16 12:05:45 MSK 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Openvz hasn't fully initialized the venet network interface by the time Apache is trying to bind to its IP address. SSHD is my only other service on this VPS and it starts fine because it's presently not configured to bind to a specific IP address as Apache is configured to do.
This is the only article I can find on the subject, where someone else has the same problem:

https://serverfault.com/questions/834616/centos-7-http-wont-start-at-boot-if-it-listens-to-a-specific-ip-address

I did try that workaround to try to delay the boot process until the network is up. I installed NetworkManager and ran 'systemctl edit httpd.service' and added that line, and the only result is that the network doesn't come up at all. I don't know why the network doesn't start at all, lol.
So I undid those changes and uninstalled NetworkManager and I'm back to where I started. I tried adding 'sleep 30 ; systemctl start httpd' to /etc/rc.d/rc.local but that did nothing, lol.
What can I do to CentOS to work around this, or is there some obvious thing I can tell the data center admin? Thanks.