[Users] Debian 9 template for openvz7

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Aug 3 02:10:09 MSK 2017

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> > is there a Debian 9 ostemplate avaiable for openvz7 in the
> > meantime?
>
> You can take one for OpenVZ Legacy and use it so far as I know... by
> creating a Debian 8 container, mounting it, deleting everything from
> it's filesystem, and then extracting the contents of the OpenVZ
> Legacy OS Template on the mount.
>
> I don't have an OpenVZ 7 host to try it on at the moment but I might
> do a nested KVM setup later to try it out.

Just wanted to mention that I tried the method I mentioned, and it worked fine for me.

In case anyone wanted to know where to find a Debian 9 OS Template for OpenVZ Legacy... one can be found in the contrib directory here:

https://download.openvz.org/template/precreated/contrib/debian-9.0-x86_64-minimal.tar.gz

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle