[Users] Ubuntu 17.04 support for OpenVZ RHEL 6

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Apr 13 13:50:48 PDT 2017

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> I know but I’m not sure if Ubuntu 17.04 is still compatible with
> System V.
>
> I’ll try to create a template when I have time and give you guys
> feedback.

As previously mentioned, systemd-based distros run just fine on OpenVZ Legacy (aka EL6/2.6.32.x-based OpenVZ kernel)... and have for several years now (since 10 release of Fedora ago)... so I'm not sure why you keep mentioning it.

If you are wondering if Ubuntu 17.04 can still be switched over to SysVinit, that's a different question, and unrelated to OpenVZ.

The easiest way to get a 17.04 OS Template would be to create a 16.10 container and upgrade it, and if successful, make an OS Template from it.  If you are unsure how to do that and want to learn, just ask.

I think non-LTS releases of Ubuntu are only supported for 9 months... so very few people are interested in non-LTS releases for server stuff.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street