[Users] I've noticed a new 'readykernel' package

Andre Moruga amoruga at virtuozzo.com
Fri Nov 4 16:44:15 PDT 2016

> it depends on the requirements needed to perform these tests.

> I still have other issues with using OpenVZ 7 in production at all (e.g. difficult setup for my
> environment) and the kernel updates are one thing on the list.

At very minimum, you will need a server for the duration of the tests, build and maintain infrastructure to run the tests, interpret the results including filtering false negatives, be able to compare them between different runs to find new problems, and learn how to report the bugs so kernel developers will be able to react.

I do not think we'll be able to provide test framework to do that - as you can imagine, this is not a product but rather set of infrastructure, software components, processes and people, and it contains a lot of company IP and "secret sauces" we acquired over the years.

However, if you are serious about getting started, we can definitely share our experience and suggest readily available components for kernel testing, including those that we use.