[Users] Performance degradation on 042stab113.X

Karl Johnson karljohnson.it at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 10:28:57 PDT 2016

Hello,

Did anyone notice performance degradation after upgrading vzkernel to
042stab113.X? I’ve been running 042stab108.5 on few nodes for a while with
no issue and upgraded to 042stab113.12 few weeks ago to fix an important
CVE and rebase to latest rhel6 kernel.

Since the upgrade from 108.5 to 113.12, I noticed much higher load average
on those upgraded OpenVZ nodes, mostly when IO is heavily used. High CPU
peaks are much more frequent. I would be curious to know if someone else
has the same issue. I wouldn’t downgrade because of security fix PSBM-34244.

Regards,

Karl