[Users] "Start the VPS" frequently required from web admin page since CentOS 7.2 migration

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 20:15:59 PST 2016

On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Pavel Vokhmyanin
<pvokhmyanin at virtuozzo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Kernel  logs (dmesg) absence is easy to explain - you won't get dmesg inside of a container. That's intended design.
> I'll try to address the rest -there _are_ known issues.
> Newer systemd which comes with 7.2 is known for problems with an outdated kernels - check out following thread for reference:
> http://forum.odin.com/threads/upgrade-to-centos-7-2-systemd-does-not-work.336379/
>
> So, first thing to check - kernel version.
> You can do it from the container since HN and container share the same kernel. Just issue "uname -r".
> If it's not the latest stable one(latest stable one is 2.6.32-042stab113.11 by the way) you might want to contact your hoster to suggest an upgrade.
> If kernel upgrade gets delayed, or if it's the newest one - I can suggest you to downgrade system or install a patched one from the following RH bug:
> https://people.redhat.com/lnykryn/systemd/bz1283579.1/
> I'm not saying it will 100% help you, but might get things much brighter for you.
>
> Good luck with your investigation.

Thanks Scott and Pavel. It sounds like we are going to have to engage support.

Also, I should have provided this earlier since I had this information:

$ uname -a
Linux website 2.6.32-042stab113.11 #1 SMP Fri Dec 18 17:32:04 MSK 2015
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Jeff