[Users] "Start the VPS" frequently required from web admin page since CentOS 7.2 migration

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 09:08:56 PST 2016

Hi Everyone,

We use a hosting provider to host a website and wiki. Last week we
performed the CentOS 7.1 -> 7.2 migration. We issued 'sudo yum update'
and everything migrated cleanly. The process seemed to go well.

Since the upgrade it appears the VPS service frequently stops or
crashes. We're not sure which at the moment because we don't have
access to Dmesg and Syslog (more correctly, they are 0-bytes). We just
noticed the trend, but it seems to be about a daily occurrence.

I've searched for the symptoms, but I'm not getting hits in the
context of an issue. Most results are related to creating a container
and starting the server.

My questions are:

 * Is there a well known issue that someone can point me to?
 * Is there an alternate set of log files available for troubleshooting?
 * How do I troubleshoot in the absence of logs?

My apologies for the lack of information. I know its not very helpful.

Thanks in advance.