[Users] OpenVZ Community Newsletter, June 2016

Sergey Bronnikov sergeyb at openvz.org
Wed Jun 8 10:03:12 PDT 2016

Hi everyone,

As usual, I'd like to share with you the latest news.

First and foremost, we can now be more precise about when Virtuozzo 7 is going
to be released: not later than this July [1].

Second, the logo for OpenVZ projects is updated to be more aligned with the
Virtuozzo logo. The artwork, including buttons, is available in
the OpenVZ wiki [2].

Next, some news about additional storage drivers in Virtuozzo 7. As we cannot
implement all of them, only the ploop and simfs storage backends will be
available in Virtuozzo 7 by default. However, we are also working on integrating
libvirt storage pools. This will allow using custom storage backends in
Virtuozzo 7. It's yet unknown whether or not this feature will be in the final
release but it will make its way to the product eventually [3], [4].

Finally, the OpenVZ/Virtuozzo documentation has been updated. Feel free to check
the latest guides.

Events
======

On June 19-21, we will be at DockerCon in Seattle, so make sure to drop by our
booth S28. And we're sponsors too.

On July 8-9, our Kir Kolyshkin will participate in Texas Linux Fest in Austin
with a talk about working on the new /proc API.

Links
=====

[1] https://lists.openvz.org/pipermail/users/2016-June/006927.html
[2] https://openvz.org/Artwork