[Users] New setup - deploy OpenVZ or wait for VZ7?

Ashley Moravek ashley.moravek at firma.seznam.cz
Wed Jun 8 00:08:35 PDT 2016

Yes, I've submitted quite a few PRs related to porting to Debian, they
all got accepted (mostly related to bash not being the default /bin/sh
in Debian), just as some Makefile changes due to different Debian paths
(like systemd).

We've got running VZ7 on stock Debian Jessie (systemd, etc) but without
Parallels tools (as those need custom libvirt patches to version which
is not in Debian Stable). Normal containers with libvzctl+vzctl are
working perfectly fine, we've got a few servers in prod on VZ7 for
internal use.

Actually that might be the #1 issue with current Debian Stable - it uses
older libvirt 1.2.9 and VZ team would have to recompile their own and
roll it to all users... otherwise no parallels+VMs tools.

Best Regards,
Ashley