[Users] CentOS 7 image, ModSecurity and Fail2Ban?

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Fri Jun 3 11:59:15 PDT 2016

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> Are there any recommendations for fail2ban-like functionality in the
> down-level kernel? Perhaps another package I am not aware of?

Well, I'm ignorant about parsing web logs and taking action so your particular question / use case I'm not familiar with.  For brute force ssh attacks, denyhosts (that only works with rsyslog logs so far as I know) works for EL6 hosts just fine by putting/removing lines in /etc/hosts.deny... so it works completely without iptables much less ipset.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street