[Users] CentOS 7 image, ModSecurity and Fail2Ban?

Jeffrey Walton noloader at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 15:33:40 PDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to install fail2ban to stop the unfettered:

    script '/var/www/html/wp-login.php' not found or unable to stat

I'm OK with a fail2ban config, but I don't know about the OpenVZ
container, CnetOS and other negative interatctions that may cause me
to lose access to the VM :(

It also looks like we are using the 2.6.32 kernel with OpenVZ build
113.17 (if I am parsing the OpenVZ info correctly):

    $ uname -a
    Linux cryptopp 2.6.32-042stab113.17 #1 SMP Wed Feb 10 18:31:00 MSK
2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Has anyone experienced any problems with OpenVZ, CentOS 7 and fail2ban?

My apologies for the broad question, and thanks in advance.

Jeff