[Users] New setup - deploy OpenVZ or wait for VZ7?

Volker Janzen voja at voja.de
Sat Jul 30 11:11:34 PDT 2016

Hi,

> Am 08.06.2016 um 09:08 schrieb Ashley Moravek <ashley.moravek at firma.seznam.cz>:
>
> Actually that might be the #1 issue with current Debian Stable - it uses older libvirt 1.2.9 and VZ team would have to recompile their own and roll it to all users... otherwise no parallels+VMs tools.

when I'm correct they contributed all changes to libvirt upstream. For a project I stopped in the meantime, I already compiled newer libvirt versions on Debian Jessie, it should be possible to do this for using VZ7 too.

I'm still seeking for a solution how to install VZ7 in the environment I have, as there is no simple way to do this. Perhaps it would work for me to compile all the needed stuff on a Debian based system. I need to check with a VM how far I can get with compiling and if there is other stuff that might require fixes for Debian.

Another option might be to create another install image from a already installed VZ7 that runs in a VM.

I'll see what might work.

Regards
    Volker