[Users] New setup - deploy OpenVZ or wait for VZ7?

Volker Janzen voja at voja.de
Mon Jul 4 01:41:44 PDT 2016

Hi Denis,

> Requirements are the same as for CentOS/RHEL. Installer functionality is also the same as in CentOS.
>
> And actually one can run a script named vzdeploy (http://repo.virtuozzo.com/vzlinux/vzdeploy/vzdeploy) to turn his CentOS or Scientific Linux installation into VzLinux one. This script is not thoroughly tested yet, so use with care.

my first attempts with the script were sobering. I used a fresh CentOS 7.2 install. The script succeeded, but after reboot, the kernel shows a calltrace on boot. Rebooting with default kernel did not work.

Something got broken. It will be annoying or perhaps impossible to find this kind of error. I have only servers with no direct access, it will now be even harder to test VZ7. I'm not sure if it will be usable under these circumstances for me in production.

Regards,
   Volker