[Users] /proc/mounts ABI change, simfs quota regression

John Edel j at johnedel.me
Tue Jan 19 00:35:49 PST 2016

Good evening!

I've spent about three hours with this kernel attempting to reproduce the
same problems I had experienced yesterday...

I'll say, that the issue with sim_show_devname() has been corrected and
second-level quotas are again functional. I certainly appreciate the quick
action/response.  There are a couple of things that _may_ need a light
polish before being sent up.

- A simfs driver device remains in a containers' /root as well as /dev
[http://johnedel.me/3point1four/#0/14531864391367]

- They exist with different permissions.  Will this make a difference, and
which one is correct?

root at avalon /dev # ls -al simfs --color
b-----x--- 1 root root 0, 28 Jan 18 21:57 simfs

root at avalon /dev # ls -al ../simfs --color
brw-r--r-- 1 root root 0, 71 Jan  5 21:56 ../simfs

Glad to give you access to the QA environment(s) or test specifics for you
guys.  Also, Vasily, if you recall our discussion about our the bind
mounts ... that is again back. I'm not thrown an ENOENT, unfortunately.

I will contact you directly about that, in case my test-case is wrong
again. :-/

Best,

John