[Users] Quickly add/subtract space/inodes

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Mon Feb 8 12:56:29 PST 2016

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> Is there an easy way to add/subtract  diskspace/inodes without
> needing to know the current numbers?
>
> For example, user is near or at their max numbers but cPanel just
> released an update that requires immediate updating before they
> release the full disclosure, so need to add 5G or 500k inodes to get
> said upcp to run and then remove the extra space/inodes?
>
> I did not see anything that would indicate it is possible via the
> vzctl docs, but figured I would ask.

Are you talking about simfs?

You can sniff the current values out of the config and calculate the desired new value.  Not quite what you wanted... but still.

vzctl set {ctid} --diskinodes  {n}:{n} --save

>From the vzctl man page:

- - - - -
--diskinodes num[:num]
     sets soft and hard disk quota limits, in i-nodes. First parameter is soft limit, second is hard limit.

Note that this parameter is ignored for ploop layout.
- - - - -

I seem to remember some form that allowed you to do math in the parameter value... but darn if I can find an example of that now.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street