[Users] unable to stop/suspend/kill CT

Bogdan-Stefan Rotariu bogdan at rotariu.ro
Thu Feb 4 13:17:12 PST 2016

> On 04 Feb 2016, at 20:06, Scott Dowdle <dowdle at montanalinux.org> wrote:
>
> If you can get a pid list of what remains within the container, you can try to kill -9 it from the host node.  You can use vzpid to map container pid references to host node pid references.

I did try to kill all of processes belonging to the specific CT, no luck, they still remain there with state RS

> If that doesn't work for you... it would be interesting to know your vzkernel and vzctl versions.  If not current, most likely you have run into an issue that has long since been fixed.

Sorry.

vzctl-4.9.4-1.x86_64
# vzctl --version
vzctl version 4.9.4
# uname -r
2.6.32-042stab112.15

> If nothing you try will resolve it, ideally you have another host you can migrate any other containers too (so they will have minimal downtime) and then you can reboot the host node... and if it isn't running the latest greatest vzkernel/vzctl, get it upgraded while you are at it. :)

I already migrated the client, but wanted to find a issue to resolve this in future, ofc, to avoid rebooting the node

> Good luck!

Thank you!