[Users] cannot enter VM VZ7 , qemu-guest-agent. fails

Jehan Procaccia jehan.procaccia at tem-tsp.eu
Sun Aug 28 02:09:00 PDT 2016

Le 27/08/2016 22:45, Scott Dowdle a écrit :
> Greetings,

ok, this is what I did regarding
https://docs.openvz.org/openvz_users_guide.webhelp/_installing_openvz_guest_tools.html

# prlctl installtools dhcpntp
Installing...
The guest tools ISO is mounted.
Inside Linux VM, run 'mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom', then 'bash
/mnt/cdrom/install'.
Inside Windows VM, use autorun or open the drive in Explorer and run the
installer.

but now, how to get into the VM since "prlctl enter dhcpntp" needs the
guest tools !? this is a vicious circle .
the doc says:
/2//*. Log in to the virtual machine*//and do the following://
//Inside a Linux VM, create a mount point for the optical drive with the
guest tools image and run the installer://
//# mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom//
//# bash /mnt/cdrom/install/

but again, how I get into/*log in to the VM* in order to exec those 2
commands inside the VM ?
I must have missed something in between , but what ?

thanks .