[Users] OpenVZ / Virtuozzo 7

Pavel Vokhmyanin pvokhmyanin at virtuozzo.com
Wed Aug 24 02:28:39 PDT 2016

Hello,

Good call, Volker!
To my shame I was not aware of vzdeploy script, which, as it seems, was completed just a week ago or so. Taking in account existence of "vzdeploy" - it should be possible.

In case anyone searches for the script, it can be obtained here:
http://repo.virtuozzo.com/vzlinux/vzdeploy/vzdeploy

Jurijs,
Regarding the packages installation - I believe you may try installing Virtuozzo  using "yum groups":
# yum grouplist | grep -i virtuozzo
   Virtuozzo
   Virtuozzo Containers
   Virtuozzo High Availability
   Virtuozzo Hypervisor
   Virtuozzo Storage
   etc...

Note, first you must replace centos packages with virtuozzolinux packages.

That should be better than cherry-picking packages from the repository.
I'd recommend installing at least "Virtuozzo", "Virtuozzo Containers" and "Virtuozzo Hypervisor", "QEMU".
Note, I've composed the list by briefly checking all available groups, it might be incomplete. And I haven't tested this either.

Volker, if you can add anything - please do.

Best Regards,
--
Pavel Vokhmyanin
Virtualization Maintenance