[Users] vz7 libvirt integration

Frank Laszlo flaszlo at nexcess.net
Tue Aug 9 06:43:36 PDT 2016

Hello,

My company is rolling out a new setup, which was originally going to use
openvz 6. With the release of vz7, we'd like to take a moment to see if it
meets our requirements.

I have a handful of questions that I have no been able to find answers to,
as the documentation is rather spare.

1) Am I able to create containers using libvirt? (specifically from XML
passed to virsh) What does this XML look like?
2) Are OS Templates any different than openvz 6.0?
3) Has vz7 been tested with openvswitch and veth?
4) Does networking in vz7 work like KVM does now that we're using KVM for
the hypervisor?
5) I noticed vz7 supports qcow2, In my testing containers created with
prlctl were still using ploop. Is there a trick to enable this?
6) Can VZ7 hosts be kickstarted? I thought I read somewhere that kickstart
was a "premium" feature only available in the paid version.

I'm sure I'll have a bunch more questions, but this is where I'm starting
at. Thank you.

--
Frank Laszlo
Nexcess - Beyond Hosting