[Users] Use vSWAP without Swap?

Henry Spanka henry at myvirtualserver.de
Mon Apr 25 12:42:37 PDT 2016

Hi OpenVZ community,

We’re currently having our swap partition on SSDs as it affected the overall
performance of our system(high HDD Swap usage before). Unfortunately the
SSDs are dying very fast and I’m currently considering just removing the
swap completely but we still want to offer Swap to our customers. I’ve read
about vSwap(https://openvz.org/VSwap). How is the behavior when the
container has swap assigned but the node has no swap at all. Does it just
get virtually swapped in the RAM(if enough available) or is there a
limitation? Upgrading the RAM rather than buying two expensive SSDs(RAID 1)
is cheaper for us so that would be a very nice solution. Anyone experience
with this setup?

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / With best regards

Henry Spanka | myVirtualserver Development Team