[Users] [Announce] Virtuozzo 7 unstable branch

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Fri Sep 11 09:39:09 PDT 2015

My interpretation of the below is:

1. There is a "factory" yum repo now available for VZ7. The meaning of
factory
is the same as "rawhide" for Fedora or "sid" for Debian, in other words
this is the
bleeding edge, latest untested packages.

2. In order to use it, you have to do the following:

* Upgrade virtuozzo-release package to the one available in
http://download.openvz.org/virtuozzo/factory/x86_64/os/Packages/v/

* Enable the factory repo by running "yum-config-manager --enable factory".

* Run "yum update".

3. If you want to switch back to "latest stable" version:

* Disable the factory repo by running "yum-config-manager --disable
factory".

* Run "yum distro-sync".

4. If yum-config-manager is not available, run "yum install yum-utils".

Sergey, please let us know if there's anything I misinterpreted or missed.

Kir.