[Users] suspend/resume in OpenVZ

Gena Makhomed gmm at csdoc.com
Wed May 13 17:33:41 PDT 2015

On 13.05.2015 10:21, Pavel Odintsov wrote:

> Docker is awesome toolkit.

"From a security and composability perspective,
the Docker process model - where everything runs through a central
daemon - is fundamentally flawed. To “fix” Docker would essentially
mean a rewrite of the project, while inheriting all the baggage
of the existing implementation." - https://coreos.com/blog/rocket/

http://blog.odin.com/serviceprovider/2015/3/19/for-service-providers-using-virtuozzo-docker-isnt-just-a-devops-phenomenon-anymore

> I want to run it on HWN (together with another containers if possible)
> and run my custom applications in a securely manner here.

Docker has broken security model, and as result:
http://www.opennet.ru/opennews/art.shtml?num=42195
http://openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2015/05/07/10

> Running Docker inside containers is really strange idea
> and I haven't any use cases for it in my environment.

If you also need security - you should run Docker
inside KVM virtual machines, or inside OpenVZ containers.

--
Best regards,
  Gena