[Users] Kernel 2.6.32-openvz-042stab105.14 and vzctl 3.0.24

Corey Carpenter fruitwerks at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 00:48:38 PDT 2015

Andrey,

Good question... I usually just skim these to see if there is anything new
/ exciting / important, but I am actually in the same situation. Although
everything is running fine and we do not need to upgrade, this is good
information to know.

Hopefully someone can let us know.

- one thing I have learned, and especially regarding openvz; If it is not
broke, do not fix it :) I had to build a custom kernel due to hardware, the
kernel was way too new, and it took me a while to figure out why everything
was acting so funny...

Thanks All!

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 2:36 AM, Andrey Tataranovich <tataranovich at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> One of our openvz nodes running Debian Squeeze-LTS and I want to install
> the latest OpenVZ kernel on it.
>
> I see no problems to install 2.6.32-openvz-042stab105.14 but I'm
> asking if I will have any problems using vzctl 3.0.24 with this kernel?
>
> Unfortunately the latest vzctl can't be installed on this server due to
> old Debian release.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> WBR, Andrey Tataranovich

Any use, dissemination, distribution, posting on Internet bulletin boards,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any information contained herein by
or to anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited.
Use of this content for any other purpose is a violation of International
Copyright Laws.