[Users] Docker inside an OpenVZ container

Pavel Snajdr lists at snajpa.net
Tue Mar 24 06:37:08 PDT 2015

Hello Vasily,

thank you for the answer.

I have expected all of the points you mention and let me assure you,
that I fully understand all of them.

These days there isn't a single project other than OpenVZ, for which I'm
looking forward to release its latest&greatest - namely the RHEL7 based
kernel.

It shouldn't be too hard to backport these things I'm mentioning to
RHEL7 kernel, RHEL6 might be a bit hard in this regard.

I have two additional questions, I'm not sure whether you're bound by
NDA so that you can/can't answer them, but it would mean a great deal to
me if you could:

- do you guys at Parallels have access to separated-out patches for RHEL
kernels / to their git?
Because if you don't, then you guys are real heros for doing your work
on top of RHEL kernel. And if you do, that would mean that backporting
the shrinker patches from 3.12 shouldn't be too hard - and I would like
to help, if possible.

- do you have an ETA for releasing any RHEL7 vz kernel preview? I would
be interested in testing as soon as you have anything, even if it's the
most unstable thing in the world.

Thank you for your time!

/snajpa