[Users] distribute template packages with yum

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Fri Jun 19 05:49:24 PDT 2015

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> also it will be useful update hardware node with only one command:
>
> # yum update
>
> instead of two commands, as it now:
>
> # yum update
> # vztmpl-dl --update-all

While yum does have a download only option (and there is yumdownloader in the yum-utils package)... yum really shouldn't be overloaded to be a file sync tool.  yum understands repository metadata about rpm packages... and I guess if all of the OS Templates were packaged as .rpm files it might make sense but for the tiny convenience of overloading a command it seems like a lot of work without much gain.  I'm definitely against the idea.

TYL,

--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street