[Users] socket will take at least 0.5 seconds to recovery after docker restore done

Kirill Kolyshkin kir at odin.com
Mon Jul 13 12:26:33 PDT 2015

Wrong list, please use criu at openvz.org

On Jul 12, 2015 00:59, Yanbao Cui <yygcui at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am working on the docker checkpoint/restore use CRIU, and the time consuming is the key point we concerned.

I found a strange phenomenon that the created socket need additional at least 0.5 seconds to reconnect after the docker restore done.

But if I create a new socket after restoring the docker , it will connect to the peer immediately.

No matter the connection uses TCP or UDP.

From the CRIU source code, I found that it will create a new socket with SO_REUSEADDR, and change the original fd to this new one. but I have no idea that why it need more time to recovery.

Could someone help me to explain it or give me some points?

Thanks very much!

--
Best Regards
Cui Yanbao | 崔言宝