[Users] OpenVZ Compilation Help

Phil Daws uxbod at splatnix.net
Fri Jul 3 01:12:07 PDT 2015

Hello all:

Request a little help please in compiling up a new OpenVZ kernel (CentOS 6) with an additional module enabled.

I have setup the rpmbuild environment, downloaded the source RPM https://openvz.org/Download/kernel/rhel6/042stab108.5, and installed the kernel.  Then following https://openvz.org/Kernel_build I ran menuconfig and enabled the additional module.  The next step, according to the wiki, is to copy the .config to "$TOPDIR/SOURCES directory, but use the corresponding file name in the target directory" so if my arch is x86_64 do I copy it to SOURCES/config-x86_64-generic or the rhel derivative ? Then once that is done execute rpmbuild -ba --target=x86_64 vzkernel.spec to generate the kernel RPM ?

Many thanks for your help, Phil

(null)