[Users] OpenVZ and ZFS excellent experience

Pavel Odintsov pavel.odintsov at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 12:39:52 PST 2015

Hello, everybody!

Do somebody have any news about ZFS and OpenVZ experience?

Why not?

Did you checked my comparison table for simfs vs ploop vs ZFS volumes?
You should do it ASAP:
https://github.com/pavel-odintsov/OpenVZ_ZFS/blob/master/openvz_storage_backends.md

Still not interesting?

For example if you have 5Tb disk array (used up to 90%) and using
ploop now you lose about 800GB of disk space!

This data is from real HWN with few hundreds of containers.

I have excellent experience and very good news about ZFS! ZFS on Linux
team will add very important feature, linux quota inside container
(more details here https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/pull/2577

But still no news about ZFS from OpenVZ team (and even from Virtuozza
Core) and we can work separately :)

Fortunately, we do not need any support from vzctl and can use "raw
vzctl" with some lightweight manuals from my repo:
https://github.com/pavel-odintsov/OpenVZ_ZFS/blob/master/OpenVZ_containers_on_zfs_filesystem.md

I collected all useful information here
https://github.com/pavel-odintsov/OpenVZ_ZFS

Stay tuned! Join to us!