[Users] Bridged Containers

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Dec 30 10:12:29 PST 2015

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> http://openvz.org/Quick_installation
>
> Will this installation allow bridged containers?  I need containers
> able to modify there own IP addresses, IPv4 and IPv6, and with
> quotas.
> Centos containers with Directadmin.

The default container network interface is venet which shares the same MAC address as the host node and does not allow users to alter settings.  The non-default container network interface is veth which does give the container a different MAC address and allows the container root to alter network settings.  For more info see:

https://wiki.openvz.org/Differences_between_venet_and_veth

I believe you can do what you want as long as you assign your containers veth network interfaces rather than venet... but I'm not much of an advanced networking person and have only used venet in recent years so beyond that, I don't have any advice.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street