[Users] Ploop Help

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Thu Aug 6 13:36:21 PDT 2015

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> How do I tell if a container is ploop or simfs?  How do I convert
> from ploop to simfs?

Yep, the vzlist command with the appropriate field flag (as mentioned by the previous poster) will work.  Here's the recipe for a vzlist output similar to stock just with layout added to the end:

vzlist -a -o ctid,numproc,status,ip,hostname,layout

vzctl has a convert feature that goes from simfs to ploop but not back again.  I think a reasonable way to convert would be to stop the container, mount it's filesystem (vzctl mount {ctid}) and then do something like:

rsync -avSH --progress /vz/root/{ctid}/ /some/target/directory/

That will copy out the files from the disk image to a regular directory structure.  What you do with it after that and how you transport it to your Proxmox VE host is up to you.  You can .tar.gz it or rsync it or whatever.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street