[Users] "Virtuzzo" vs "OpenVZ"

Sergey Bronnikov sergeyb at openvz.org
Mon Aug 3 07:09:42 PDT 2015

Hi,

let me explain.

>From source code point of view OpenVZ is an umbrella for OpenVZ legacy, opensourced
components from commercial Virtuozzo, CRIU and other mini projects (like LibCT
etc).
>From people point of view OpenVZ is project which consolidates community,
opensource code for containers (mentioned above), and brand itself.

Virtuzzo 7 is a Linux distribution based on OpenVZ components targeted to
everyone who want to get free product with containers and KVM hypervisor from
Odin. You can use it even you don't want to pay to Odin.

Use one entry point - https://openvz.org if you use free and opensource Virtuozzo
and go to http://www.odin.com/products/virtuozzo/ if you pay for Virtuozzo
and want professional support from Odin.

P.S. Yes, there is a bit mess with brands, but why you are aware about brands
not about product itself?

On 16:44 Mon 03 Aug , Gena Makhomed wrote:

> BTW, domain name virtuozzo.org is registered and currently it work
> as redirect to web page http://www.odin.com/products/virtuozzo/
>
> If "Virtuzzo" in new brand name for project - may be it now have
> more sense to use virtuozzo.org domain name for project "Virtuzzo"?
>
> For example,
>
> virtuozzo.com - commercial version (paid support, cloud extensions, etc)
> virtuozzo.org - free, open source version
> virtuozzo.net - redirect to virtuozzo.org
>
> the same way, as now nginx work:
>
> http://nginx.com/ - commercial version
> http://nginx.org/ - free, open source version
> http://nginx.net/ - redirect to nginx.org
>
> At least it will be very familiar and useful to all nginx users,
> both commercial and open source versions of Nginx / Nginx Plus.
>
> As you probably know - many OpenVZ users are also nginx users,
> and inversely: many nginx users are also OpenVZ users - also true.

Unexpected fact. Do you have proofs?