[Users] Ploop Random I/O

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Wed Sep 24 17:34:40 PDT 2014

On 09/19/2014 11:45 AM, Matt wrote:
> I have a container currently using about 150GB of space.  It is very
> random I/O hungry.  Has many small files.  Will converting it to ploop
> hurt I/O performance?
In case of many small files it might actually improve the performance.

ploop performance is very close to usual FS, except for then the image
is growing -- this operation somewhat slows it down as it needs to allocate
extra blocks and modify the block address table. I guess it's not an issue
in your case.

But don't take my word for it, give it a try yourself!

Kir.