[Users] Vzmigrate fails (unsupported filesystem nfsd)

Corrado Fiore lists at corradofiore.it
Thu Sep 18 16:53:54 PDT 2014

Hi Kevin,

> can you try to vzmigrate with --nodeps=cpu parameter?
> It *might* crash your host node but I never got that far (it usually
> just exits with an error message that both CPUs are incompatible and
> starts up the suspended container on the source node again).

Thanks for the suggestion.  I got no luck, unfortunately:

=================
# vzmigrate -r yes --nodeps=cpu --live --keep-dst -t -v destnode 161
Locked CT
Starting live migration of CT 161 to destnode
OpenVZ is running...
   Checking for CPT version compatibility
   Checking for CPU flags compatibility
Error: Unsupported filesystem nfsd
Insufficient CPU capabilities: can't migrate
Error: Error: CPU capabilities check failed!
Error: Destination node CPU is not compatible
Ignoring the above error (migration can fail)...
   Getting remote VE_ROOT and VE_PRIVATE
   Checking if ploop is supported on destination node
   Checking IPs on destination node: x.x.x.x
Preparing remote node
   Copying config file
161.conf                                                                                                                   100% 1346     1.3KB/s   00:00
CT configuration saved to /etc/vz/conf/161.conf
No changes in CT configuration, not saving
   Creating remote container root dir
   Creating remote container private dir
Syncing private
   Calling vzfsync on ploop deltas
Usage: vzfsync {-s|-d} [-n] file [file ...]
       -s, --sync		do fsync()
       -d, --datasync		do fdatasync()
       -n, --dontneed		do fadvise(DONTNEED)
Live migrating container...
   Copying top ploop delta with CT suspend
Sending /vz/private/161/root.hdd/root.hdd
Setting up checkpoint...
	suspend...
Can not suspend container: Invalid argument
Error: unsupported fs type nfsd
Checkpointing failed
Error in run_cmd (pcopy.c:334): Command date '+%s.%N' > /tmp/tmp.xfo8MIls2C; vzctl --skiplock chkpnt 161 --suspend 1>&2 failed with code 16
Error in ploop_copy_receive (pcopy.c:203): Error in nread(desc): Input/output error
Error: Failed to copy top ploop delta