[Users] vzmigrate to /vz2 instead of /vz

Nick Knutov mail at knutov.com
Thu Sep 11 18:57:28 PDT 2014

I did exactly so.

Migration to symlink is working. And CT is running ok after. But
private/root paths are rewritten after migration to /vz + for simfs with
billions small files running CT from symlink can be slower.

Migration from symlink is also working. With the same issues plus source
folder with CT is not deleted after migration, only symlink.

12.09.2014 7:16, Devon B. пишет:
> Like I said though, use a symlink per VE, not the entire vz2/vz
> directory.  Then you won't have to change anything in the config.  Just
> create a symlink for the virtual servers you want on the second SSD
> prior to migrating.
>
> mkdir /vz2/private/VEID
> ln -s /vz2/private/VEID /vz/private/VEID
>
> Then try the migration, does it work?
>
> On 9/11/2014 8:51 PM, Nick Knutov wrote:
>> I'm not good enough with such openvz internals and was hoped there is
>> ready solution. I found https://openvz.org/Vzmigrate_filesystem_aware
>> but it is for older version of vzmigrate.
>>
>> Yes, I tried symlink and
>>
>> 1) /vz2 -> /vz2 as symlink on /vz and back
>> and I have changed private/root paths in CT conf after
>> vzmigrate+vzmigrate back and files was not removed after second
>> vzmigrate (from node where symlink was).
>>
>> 2) /vz -> /vz2
>> looks ok but I have to change pathes in CT config after so CT should be
>> restarted with downtime.
>>
>> So, all this does not look good. May be it can be better with mount
>> --bind, but this is also not a good way.

>>> You could get dirty and do it manually with ploop send and
>>> checkpointing.  However, have you tried just using a symlink from
>>> /vz/private/VEID to /vz2/private/VEID?

Best Regards,
Nick Knutov
http://knutov.com