[Users] Maybe Kernel Memory Leak, Not Sure

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 17:09:44 PDT 2014

Hi All,

I've been using OpenVZ for many years, was on a fairly old kernel for a long
time, VE's running great no issues. I recently upgraded to kernel
2.6.32-openvz-042stab090.4-amd64, same VE's, after 75 days in production the
memory on the host node is maxed and I'm seeing issues in the VE's with
MySQL database dips, slow responses and such.

Any known issues with memory leaks with the newer kernels, should I try
upgrading to linux-source-2.6.32-openvz-042stab093.4-amd64 or downgrade to
another older version?

Opinions very welcome.

Thanks.

JR