[Users] two network interfaces in ve0, different subnets

Aleksandar Ivanisevic aleksandar at ivanisevic.de
Wed Oct 22 07:20:41 PDT 2014

I have a situation where I have two network interfaces with two
different subnets. The routing is set via source routing like this:

~ cat /etc/iproute2/rt_tables
#
# reserved values
#
255	local
254	main
253	default
0	unspec
#
# local
#
#1	inr.ruhep
200	stats2

~ ip rule show
0:	from all lookup local
32763:	from 192.168.255.96/27 lookup stats2
32764:	from all lookup main
32765:	from all lookup main
32766:	from all lookup main
32767:	from all lookup default

~ ip route show table stats2
192.168.255.99 dev venet0  scope link
192.168.255.96/27 dev eth2  scope link
default via 192.168.255.126 dev eth2

the prolem is the first route in table stats2 needs to be added manually
otherwise the VEs in 192.168.255.96/27 do not see each other. The link
route always gets added to the main table instead of table stats2.

What would be the most elegant way to make sure link route is put also
in the stats2 table and not only to default table? Should I script
something in vps.mount or is there another way to customize the network
config?