[Users] Basic questions about ploop snapshotting

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 12:22:04 PDT 2014

Hi Scott

Without having fully read your second mail I think you want something
like this:

* You have CT with Zimbra 8.0.6 installed and you want to upgrade t
8.0.8

* You create a snapshot like this:
  $ vzctl snapshot CTID --name pre-upgrade-808

* You perform the upgrade and it goes havoc and you would like
  restore the previous state.

* You do:
  $ vzctl snapshot-list CTID
  You copy the UUID of the snapshot with the name
  'pre-upgrade-808'

* You restore by doing:
  vzctl snapshot-switch CTID --id <paste-the-uuid-here>

By doing the last step, you lose the state of the CTID with the broken
upgrade. If you want to keep it for some reason, do another 'vzctl
snapshot CTID' before restoring.

Roman