[Users] CVE-2014-0196

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Tue May 13 08:56:02 PDT 2014

We are receiving a lot of inquiries as to what is the status of OpenVZ
kernel
with respect to CVE-2014-0196. This email summarizes our knowledge as of
now.

1. RHEL5-based OpenVZ kernels (028stabXXX) are not affected.

2. RHEL6-based OpenVZ kernels (042stabXXX) released during last 12 months
are not affected.

3. Older 042stab kernel are affected. Therefore, if you run kernel released
older than May 2013 (see uname -v) please upgrade and reboot now.

3. Both OpenVZ kernel team and Red Hat are still looking into the issue,
an updated kernel might be available.

Kir.